Thursday 1 November 2012

11 Day South Island Itinerary Planning

About 2 months staying and working in Nelson, I saved some money and decided to leave earlier than the packing season end. I knew I would attain a decent bonus like everyone else if I worked pending the season end, but I didn't care too much. I just wanted to travel with my friend Yen before winter came and we planned on taking 11 days for a trip to visit certain parts of South Island.


My planned itinerary:

Picton - Kaikoura – Christchurch – Timaru – Oamaru – Dunedin – Wanaka - Queenstown – Mountain Cook - Arrowtown – Lake Tekapo - Christchurch


We had booked a car from Ace Rental Cars in Picton. Consequently, we left Nelson to Picton by bus and picked up the car on the same first day of our trip. We also planned to return the car in Christchurch. I guess the cost for car rentals in New Zealand is relatively cheaper than in Australia. However, be careful when dealing with the car rentals company. I had an unpleasant experience in this matter as the authority person charged us more than what we were told over the phone. I did not want to affect my plan, so I still paid her after a negotiation.

This was the car we rented for traveling South Island